Monday, May 3, 2010

8 Weeks Old

Another week has come and gone. Kaitlyn and Hunter continue to make gains every day. As of last night, Kaitlyn weighed 5 lb. 8 oz. and Hunter weighed 6 lb. 11 oz.

Last week, Hunter had an exam by the cardiologist that showed the left side of his heart to be slightly enlarged. This is not something that he seems to be worried about. He will re-check it in about 2 months to see how it looks.

Both kids are being successful with bottle feeding. They have increased the frequency of their bottle feeds to 3 times per day. Maybe by the end of this week they will be up to bottle feeding every other feed or every feed. They are also letting me start to nurse the babies. I nursed Hunter on Saturday afternoon. He did really well. He latched on immediately and nursed for a good 25 minutes. He then slept until his next feeding time. I nursed Kaitlyn on Sunday night and she did alright, but not as well as Hunter. Even after nursing her, I gave her a bottle and she drank almost a full bottle. It will come, though. I am sure.

Kaitlyn had a follow-up eye exam today. There has been improvement in her eyes over the last week. The ophthalmologist will do another follow-up exam next week when he looks at Hunter's eyes. I'm sure we will get more details about the exam when we go in to visit tonight.

That's it from last week. I hope everyone has a great week.




4 comments:

  1. YAY for nursing mama! You are doing so great! I just got confirmation that your Scanpan is on the way as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melt my heart. She is beautiful and he is the handsome version. You are awesome Molly. Keep doing what you are doing and they will be home with you soon. GiGi is praying for all of you.
    PS: kisses for Madeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly and Bob - your babies are beautiful! Everyone is praying for them including the First Presbyterian Prayer Band. I am so happy to hear the strides they are making. Looking forward to hearing when they are going home!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so exciting to hear that they are both nursing now. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet babies with me last week. It was so much fun getting to meet them. Please let me know if I can help out with Madeline any in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete