Monday, April 5, 2010

4 Weeks Old

Good evening. I just got back from the hospital and have some great information for the weekly update.

First of all, as of tonight, Kaitlyn weighs 3 lb. 7 oz. and Hunter weighs 4 lb. 3 oz. Both kids continue to make gains each time we go to visit. Kaitlyn has been taken off the nasal cannula (again) and seems to be tolerating it very well. They keep trying to take Hunter off his, but he just isn't ready. However, he is on a very low dose of oxygen. It is almost to the point of being nonexistent.

Kaitlyn's head ultrasound looked better last week. It appears that the fluid surrounding her brain is starting to resolve itself. If this continues, we could see little to no long-term effects. It is something we will continue to watch. They will do another ultrasound sometime this week and we will see how things are progressing.

Other than that, not a whole lot has gone on this past week. I hope everyone has a great week.



2 comments:

  1. Praise God, they are getting bigger and stronger by the day. So beautiful to see.
    Glad to be helping with love
    GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all dressed up -- I just had to tell you that this is the same outfit I bought to bring Sophie home in! Too cute. --Erin

    ReplyDelete