Monday, April 12, 2010

5 Weeks Old

Another week has come and gone. I can't believe Kaitlyn and Hunter are over a month old already!

They continue to grow each day. Last Tuesday, Hunter officially grew out of his first outfit. I was changing his clothes and couldn't figure out why his sleep and play wouldn't come up over his shoulder. It took both the nurse and myself to realize that it wouldn't come up because he was too long. I thought he would have gotten a little more wear out of it. Oh well.

Hunter also was taken off the nasal cannula on Wednesday morning. So, now both babies are breathing on their own.

Both kids had a head ultrasound on Tuesday. Hunter's came back normal and Kaitlyn's showed a continued improvement. The doctor has decided to repeat Kaitlyn's ultrasound again in two weeks. She does not feel weekly ultrasounds are necessary. They will continue to measure the circumference of her head twice a week to make sure there isn't any swelling that they need to be concerned about.

Kaitlyn and Hunter both had eye exams today. Their eyes showed to be immature, but both within the normal limits. They will have a repeat exam in two weeks.

As of last night, Kaitlyn weighed 3 lb. 14 oz. and Hunter weighed 5 lb. even. I can't believe how fast they are growing.

The last piece of big news for the week is that Hunter has come out of the isolette. He is now in an open bassinet. He was taken out this afternoon and seems to be doing well. Kaitlyn is still a little too tiny to be out in the open room. Hopefully, soon she will follow Hunter. Then they might be put into a crib together.

I hope everyone has a great week. Thank you for all the continued prayers. They are definitely working.



2 comments:

  1. YAY! Caden has the same sleeper as Hunter! So cute! They look great and I'm so glad they are growing so well. :) Keeping the prayers going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work little ones. Eat, sleep and grow. Love you, GiGi

    ReplyDelete